The Maine Dataverse Network is a cloud-based data repository intended to act as a long-term archive and to facilitate data sharing among the research community in accordance with NSF, NIH, NASA and other granting authority data management plan requirements. The Maine Dataverse Network offers a convenient and secure method of sharing and archiving data and is made available to the Maine research community at no cost.
Benefits of the Maine Dataverse Network
- Locally hosted and maintained by the Advanced Computing Group@UMaine.
- Multiple levels of permission for projects and data.
- Access data from any computer with an internet connection
- Built in version control.
- 8-5 on-call support
- Training sessions held throughout the year.
- Additional benefits to ACG Partners and Collaborators.
The Advanced Computing Group has tools in place to help meet granting agencies such as NSF and NIH requirements for a data management plan (DMP). When we help you develop a DMP for a specific grant you receive all the benefits of the Maine Dataverse Network along with other features and benefits. Please contact us to learn more about how the ACG can simplify the DMP process.
Maine EPSCoR at the University of Maine System
ACG is currently collaborating closely with Maine’s Sustainability Solutions Initiative (SSI), a program of Maine EPSCoR at UMaine. Research teams to bring their projects into the technical age, compliant with NSF regulations, and be better positioned to receive future grants and funding.
Benefit to SSI Researchers, Faculty, & Staff
- Provided to the Maine EPSCoR SSI research teams for no additional cost. A service included as a part of the Maine EPSCoR SSI grant until the end of year 5.
- Available to all members of SSI research teams including grad students & PhD candidates are welcome to use the SSI Dataverse Network as a repository for SSI related work
- The ACG encourages teams to keep data private until they are ready to publish and share that data (data sets, publications, source code, etc) when the time comes.
- The SSI Dataverse Network is NSF (as well as other granting agencies) compliant and meets data management plan requirements, increasing the ability to easily implement data management plans into future grant proposal requests.
Contact Chris Wilson Maine Dataverse Network and Custom data solutions support.